Monday, January 17, 2011

Janelle Monae

Stevie Wonder will always be my favorite artist of all time. Now that i got that out the way...I LOVE JANELLE MONAE!!!!! I remember coming across her on youtube maybe a couple of years ago. i was amazed by her "look" and energy. Her songs have an actual message of love and self discovery(check out Sincerely Jane for example). If you haven't heard of her, you'll find her hit "tightrope" on youtube. But back to my discovery of this dynamic artitist. After seeing her video "Many Moons" on youtube, i was entertained and intrigued by a truly original future legend. i found myself wanting to hear more music from her, impressed by the great sounds and lyrics. So lets speed up to last year, her debut album "The Archandroid" was released by Bad Boy records/Wondaland records(Wondaland is her record label by the way). After i heard my favorite song "Say you'll Go" i bought her album. I was blessed to see her live show in tallahassee,fl last year, AMAZING! The Archandroid is the best album of the year so check it out folks. ok im done. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment